Plaza Aesthetics provides incontinence treatment with EMSella technology.
Pelvic floor muscles span the bottom of the pelvis and are the layer of muscles that support the pelvic organs. Strong pelvic floor muscles provide control over the bladder and bowel. Weakened pelvic floor muscles signal unsupported internal organs and may cause difficulty controlling the release of urine.
Symptoms of Urinary Incontinence
The different types of urinary incontinence include:
- Stress incontinence – caused by exerting pressure on the bladder by sneezing, coughing, laughing, exercising, or lifting heavy objects
- Urge incontinence – characterized by a sudden and intense urge to urinate and an involuntary loss of urine
- Overflow incontinence – caused by a bladder that doesn’t empty completely
- Functional incontinence – caused by a physical or mental impairment that makes it difficult to get to the toilet in time
- Mixed incontinence – multiple type of urinary incontinence, typically a combination of stress incontinence and urge incontinence
Patients should seek medical care if their symptoms restrict daily activities and limit social interactions.
Benefits of EMSella Treatment
The benefits of incontinence treatment with EMSella are:
- Non-invasive procedure with no recovery time
- Clients remain fully clothed during treatment
- Restores bladder and pelvic muscle control without time-consuming exercises
- Comfortable procedure that lets clients relax during the 28-minute treatment
- Clients experience a significant reduction in pad usage
EMSella For Pelvic Floor Strengthening
Millions of women in the U.S. suffer from urinary incontinence. This condition can be caused by childbirth, pregnancy, menopause, changes with age, everyday habits, underlying medical conditions, or physical problems. Urinary incontinence can be both inconvenient and embarrassing. EMSella is a revolutionary, noninvasive device for the treatment of urinary incontinence and to strengthen pelvic floor muscles.
How Treatment Works
EMSella works by emitting High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic (HIFEM) technology to cause deep pelvic floor muscle stimulation. Treatment improves control of the pelvic floor muscles and bladder.
Patients are fully clothed during treatment and simply sit down on the chair-shaped device for a 28-minute session. EMSella treatment is non-invasive and patients experience little to no discomfort during the sessions. A single 28-minute session is equivalent to 11,000 kegels.
Who Is A Candidate?
EMSella is a unique technology that revolutionizes women’s intimate health and wellness category by providing a completely non-invasive treatment option for patients suffering from incontinence.
How Long Does Treatment Take?
Treatment painlessly contracts pelvic floor muscles 11,200 times in a 23-minute session. The EMSella treatment protocol is two treatments per week for three weeks, for a total of six treatments.
What Does Treatment Feel Like?
The EMSella procedure is completely pain-free. However, as patients sit in the electromagnetic chair, they may feel a bit of a tingle in their pelvic area as the treatment repeatedly contracts the muscles.
Is There Any Downtime? Any Pre/Post Treatment Preparations?
EMSella is a non-surgical, painless solution for urinary incontinence. Patients are able to remain fully dressed during treatment and don’t need any downtime.
How Soon Will I See Results?
Patients may see improvement after a single session of EMSella. Full results will be visible over the next few weeks.