WHAT IS JUVÉDERM?
Juvéderm is an FDA-approved dermal filler or injectable, clinically-proven to reduce wrinkles, fill creases and contours, and add volume to every area of the face, the chin, and jawline.
Treatment is only available for adults over 21 years of age.
HOW DOES JUVÉDERM WORK?
JUVÉDERM uses a proprietary combination of hyaluronic acid, lidocaine, and water that we inject into target areas for long-lasting results compared to other brands. The treatment is painless because of lidocaine, a local, fast-acting anesthetic.
Expect increased volume, reduced wrinkles, and natural, youthful contours that dramatically reduce the appearance of aging.
WHICH JUVÉDERM TREATMENT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Juvéderm is primarily used to treat laugh lines or smile lines along the sides of the mouth, but injectable Juvéderm products have expanded into a comprehensive line of injectables that reduce signs of aging and restore youthful volume and fullness across every region and feature of your face.
- JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus XC: Add fullness and smooth wrinkles around your nose, mouth, and eyes—the precise option to smooth severe folds around the nose and mouth, known as “bunny” or “laugh lines.
- JUVÉDERM Ultra XC: Smooths wrinkles and folds your nose, mouth, and eyes—the precise option for lip augmentation, shape, and volume.
- JUVÉDERM Voluma: Restores youthful volume, restores smooth and even facial contours, and lifts sagging skin to reduce signs of aging—our preferred treatment for cheeks.
- JUVÉDERM Volbella: Adds volume and definition to your lips, smooths vertical lines, and reverses the overall appearance of aging—our preferred treatment to restore even lines around the lip and mouth.
- JUVÉDERM Vollure: Increases volume and fullness around your mouth, nose, jawline, and chin—a flexible and versatile solution for collagen replacement across every area of the face.
Consult with one of our expert medical estheticians for plan that combines multiple Juvéderm injectables to restore a natural, smooth, and youthful complexion in the right areas.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING TREATMENT
The entire procedure may take up to one hour and patients may need some aftercare after treatment.
Since Juvéderm contains lidocaine, the physician won’t need to apply a topical anesthetic to the patient’s skin before the injections. Treatment will begin with the physician cleansing the patient’s skin, followed by making injections into the target areas.
Patients won’t experience any pain, but might feel slight pressure and tingling as the product is injected.
Once the injections are completed, patients are free to leave.
What to Expect After Treatment
Like other Juvéderm products, patients might see noticeable differences in their skin almost immediately after treatment, with results lasting up to one year.
Patients will likely need follow-up treatments to maintain results.
In the first 24 hours after the procedure, patients should avoid strenuous exercise, sun exposure, and alcoholic beverages. They are able to go back to work right after treatment, but may see more redness, swelling, or itching at the injection site.
Potential Side Effects
When used as directed, Juvéderm Ultra XC is considered safe for most people. Though the procedure itself isn’t painful, patients might experience the following temporary side effects:
- Skin discoloration
These side effects are mild and usually last less than seven days.
Adverse or allergic reactions are rare but can be serious. Patients should call their doctor if they experience any of the following symptoms after treatment with Juvéderm Ultra XC:
- Breathing difficulties
Juvéderm products are not recommended for patients with any known allergies to HA or lidocaine. Injections are also not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
In rare cases, Juvéderm can lead to infections, scarring, and death to affected skin tissues.
Patients should speak to their doctor to find out if they are good candidates for injection with Juvéderm.